Sunday, September 9, 2018

Easy Brisket

I made my first brisket. It was delicious! The recipe was simple and I love slow cooking meals. My mother in law brought a delicious pasta salad which paired perfectly with the beefy adobo richness of the meat. I didn't have kosher salt so used the sea salt from my mill - wasn't enough flavor. Also I had only a small yellow onion. Still turned out great. True it was a little dryer than I wanted but we chose not to shred it and sliced it instead. Just add the Au Jus and vegetables from the bottom of the crock and a side of beans and it is to die for! This one is a keeper.

Credit given to my Cooking Light Magazine: Smoky Brisket with Peppers and Onions

Ingredients
3 tablespoons minced seeded chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 pounds beef brisket, trimmed
2 cups sliced white onions
2 cups sliced red bell pepper
Cooking spray 1/3 cup unsalted beef stock

Step 1
Combine chipotle chiles, adobo sauce, oil, honey, cumin, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture into brisket, covering all sides.

Step 2
Combine onion and bell peppers in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Pour beef stock over onion and pepper mixture. Nestle brisket into mixture. Cover and cook on low until brisket is very tender, about 8 hours.

Step 3
Remove brisket from slow cooker, and shred with 2 forks. Return shredded meat to slow cooker, and toss with vegetables before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment