Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Marnet's Stuffed Cabbage

I met Marnet through my church, Calvary Fellowship, and we are also friends on Facebook. She mentioned stuffed cabbage rolls online and immediately I had to ask for the recipe. I had never even heard of stuffed cabbage until my husband mentioned it once and that his mother made them and he would like to try them again. Ever since then I have wanted to make them but wasn't sure where to start. I hope that when I do finally make this as a surprise for him that it is something that takes him back. Kind of like a "Ratatouille Disney" moment. Thinking of this, I really need to write his mother and ask her for some of the recipes though....so you may see another posted here before I even try this one.

Hey Tammy,
Here's the recipe for the cabbage rolls. I have found this recipe works better when you use more soup so I use a second can of tomato soup to cook the rolls in.

It's a pretty simple recipe - right up my alley. Hope you like it.

Marnet


Ingredients:

8 large cabbage leaves
1 can tomato soup
1 pound ground beef
1 cup cooked rice
1/4 c chopped onion
1 egg slightly beaten
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Cook cabbage leaves in boiling water for about 10 minutes to soften. Drain. Mix 2 tablespoons of the soup and rest of ingredients. Divide the mixture among cabbage leaves. Fold the sides in, roll up, and secure with toothpicks. In a large skillet place rolls, seam side down. Add rest of soup to pan, cover, and simmer 40 minutes stirring often and spooning soup over top to avoid sticking

No comments:

Post a Comment