Sunday, November 21, 2021

PW Chicken Spaghetti

This was good, i liked it. But my family didn't get into it like I did. They don't like pimentos or green pepper. I like all casseroles of course and all ingredients but most of all this dish reminded me of Tuna Helper's Tuna Tetrazzini that I loved as a kid. (Yes we ate some of our meals from a box, so what?) Naturally this dish brings those feel good memories back. 

I'm keeping this recipe because I did like it and one day I will try to make a small enough casserole for my self so I don't have to throw any of it out or feed to the dog like I did this one. If not, there are always potlucks or the option to freeze.

2 c. cooked chicken
3 c. dry spaghetti, broken into two-inch pieces
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 c. finely diced green pepper
1/4 c. finely diced onion
1 jar (4-ounce) diced pimentos, drained
2 c. reserved chicken broth from pot
1 tsp. Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1/8 tsp. (to 1/4 teaspoon) cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 c. additional grated sharp cheddar cheese

Directions
Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. 
Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.
Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).

No comments:

Post a Comment