Saturday, January 12, 2019

Crock Pot Ham, Green Beans, and Potatoes

Stole this recipe off the counter of my mother in law's kitchen the other day (actually 6 months ago) and finally threw it together because we had leftover ham. And it was so tasty - I was really surprised how good it was. For our little family however I halved the recipe, but maybe next time I won't. It will make great leftovers.

I am a one pot meal kinda gal that is why I love soups, stews, and casseroles so naturally crock pot meals I love. And who doesn't want to come home from work to smell dinner without the work? Especially this one, just a bit of cutting the night before, throw in the fridge, and done. EASY PEASY! Going to keep this one.

Ingredients:

2 pounds fresh green beans
2 pounds ham
4 baking potatoes
1 large onion, optional
3 cups water
Salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:

Dice the ham, green beans, onion and potatoes. 
Add ingredients into your Crock Pot with 3 cups of water and season with salt & pepper (according to taste). You can also use Steak Spice in yours. 
Cook for 6 hours on Low. 

Tip: To get a crispier dish, we'd suggest sautéeing everything in a saute pan once it's done cooking in the crockpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment