Monday, October 31, 2016

Cherise's Pumpkin Cookies

This recipe reminds me of the large cookies I would find at the supermarket every fall back in Utah where I grew up. Now I didn't make my cookies as big as what I remember, but I could have. Nonetheless when Savannah saw them she thought they were big so they might have been close.

I got this recipe from my sweet sister in law after she posted a picture on Facebook the other day. Previously I tried a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe using cake mix but it was in desperation for a quick fix from not finding any for sale during our first fall out here in Wisconsin. Heck, the hometown bakeries didn't even have them -and they still don't! Nor do they have bread bowls. Grr. On the other hand if you're looking for a harvest ale or some other selection of seasonal favorites in the beer aisle then you are set. Or maybe a nice selection of sausages and cheeses.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup of vegetable oil
3 cups of sugar
2 eggs
1 largest can of pumpkin
2 tsp. vanilla
5 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon
12 oz. pkg. milk chocolate chips

Combine all wet and mix well then add dry, mix well Put on greased cookie sheet 375 degrees for 10-18 min. My oven up here takes longer, just make sure they aren't doughy in the middle. I take them off the sheet after 3 minutes Makes a lot and super yum!

I made these today and she was right, these are super yum! I only needed to leave them in my oven for 10 minutes probably due to the elevation. I love them with milk and next time I think I might add a half bag more of chocolate or perhaps use chunks -I just love the contrast of the chocolate flavor with the pumpkin.

If you know anything about me you know that I am a person that goes with word of mouth or what others recommend -not because I want to copy them but because I want to bypass all the trial and errors...you know, such as movies, or a good book - wouldn't you rather spend your time on something that someone you know or trust already has? Yes I live dangerously.

For recipes I think it is interesting to find out where that person got their recipe, like from their mother or grandmother or perhaps they created it. There is always a good story behind good food but if nothing else it makes for good conversation. I have yet to ask Cherise where she got this recipe from.

I get using a cake mix for an easy go to replacement when you need a quick recipe but nothing beats from scratch. Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment